Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A great treat idea

Today off to a great start got up at 4:30 taught spinning class and abs talked to my friends about today’s adventure to the doctor and wished everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, I love teaching it really keeps my mind off things. I can't eat or drink anything until this is done today so I though I would pass on a great treat idea for today or tomorrow. Try it!


Granola Treat:

Preheat the oven to 350 with racks in the middle. Spray two jelly roll pans with cooking oil.

Combine 1/2 c. olive oil, 1/2c. pure maple syrup and 1 1/2 c. brown sugar. Microwave in a safe dish for 3 minutes or until everything is melted together. Whisk until the lumps are gone.

Mix together 6 c. oatmeal, 2 c. walnuts, 1 c. wheat germ or flax, 1 c. coconut (opt).

Pour syrup mix over oatmeal mix and stir til coated. Put into the two pans and bake one pan at a time for 18 min. Switch pans. After removing from oven, add other snacks: cranraisins, raisins, m/m's, pb chips, walnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

Enjoy! :)