Thursday, November 16, 2006

Boot Camp Class was full again!

Wow boot camp class was full today! I think; actually I know it is getting bigger and bigger every week.
Today we did drills that will improve running, we did interval training were I would get our heart rate up as much as they could and bring it back down; this would be done by challenging them to sprint around the gym as hard as they could, then walk the gym then run the stairs it's a killer " in a nice positive way". then walk it again. We did some partner work today and wow did that work out great, one partner had to use a scooter sit on it get across the gym and back as fast as they could, while the other person was sitting on a bench doing abs, my abs were on fire! I incorporate a wide range of fitness exercises in this class it makes it soooooooo much fun. Another area of my body that is going to hurt tomorrow is my buns from doing wall sits with a ball this is where you have the ball behind your back against the wall and you squat down, back up for 30 sec. then for 15 sec. squat like you are sitting in a chair and hold it wowza that’s a killer. I can't wait until the spring when we do races in the parking lot with lots of sit ups and push ups.
Monday I'm starting basic swim training class with people who want to get in to their first triathlon. I just love helping people out when I can, it make me feel so good.