Sunday, July 20, 2008

I hate smelly clothes- so I was looking on the Internet and found this:

Friday July 11, 2008

Embarrassing Running Problems- Many runners were relieved that they were not the only ones who had experienced some of those issues. And one runner had a question about another common problem that I didn't cover in the article: How can I get the smell out of my running clothes? Here's my response:
Technical fabrics are great for running because they wick away your sweat but, unfortunately, bacteria (which causes the smell) gets trapped in the fibers and can be hard to get out. Here are a couple of tricks that work:
Using baking soda helps. Pre-soak your clothes in a solution of water and Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda (or just use water and a cup of baking soda). You can use the pre-soak setting on the washing machine or do it in a separate container. Then wash and use Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. Try using a special detergent formulated for technical wear, such as Penguin Wash

By Christine Luff, About.com Guide to Running / Jogging

http://running.about.com/b/2008/07/11/how-can-i-remove-the-smell-from-my-running-clothes.htm