Saturday, September 17, 2022

OMG you have to try these~


This recipe is adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s Healthy Gluten Free Banana Muffins and were partially inspired by Run Fast, Eat Slow’s “Super Hero Muffins.

Ambitious kitchen is one of my favorite food bloggers and she has a lot of gut protocol friendly and VERY flavorful recipes.

I doubled the recipe in anticipation of having 3 kids, my mom and my husband eating them as well. The recipe only called for 10 muffins. When I doubled the recipe it created 22 with the way I portioned it out.

Ingredients (Already Doubled)

  • Wet Ingredients
  • 2 heaping cups mashed, ripe banana
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Dry Ingredients
  • 1 cup packed almond flour
  • 1 cup gluten free oat flour (I put dry oats in the food processor to make this)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life) + 2-3 tablespoons mini for sprinkling on top
  • Veggies (this was my addition to the recipe)
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1 cup grated zucchini

1. Preheat oven to 350. Use muffin tins and spray with coconut oil.

2. Beat wet ingredients together.

3. Combine dry ingredients and mix

4. Fold in dry ingredients into wet.

5. Add veggies and chocolate chips.

6. Pour into muffin tins & sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top

7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.

8. Devour!!