Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Ironman WI 2017 Report

Fast and short race report...
What a priceless, priceless Ironman!
In the morning our group was all together we stayed together Christina Flisram, Amy L. Becker-Bloss, Amanda Manock, Bethanne GetMovin and Tim Welke until we got into the waves starts then we lost Tim it got a little crazy! As we all were in our wave correl a little sweet prayer was said then off to the water. I give my sister a huge hug told her I love her, stay in control, positive, I'll see you soon.. As we get into the water I'm watching her thinking ok I'll stay with her as much as I can "that's just the momma big sister on me" I tried for a bit and then noticed that wasn't going to work, so off I went. I have to say that swim was awesome, the only part I didn't like was coming back in that was a little hectic to be nice lol...Ran up the helix, volunteer Grabbed my bag and man oh man putting #fastpants on wet lol is not so fun..
Bike- I think I just love bumpy roads "NOT" I felt great on the bike a few close calls other bikers almost running into me, a few drop of the chain, seat dropped down, my front break went out (but who needs those right😉) and my right shoe clip broke... BYW that Barlow hill was so fun "wait along with all the other hills"..Riding back up the Helix was awesome, I see my Stepdad Robert Hansen and Mom Vicki Hansen yelling for me at the top it's just so awesome seeing their faces I love you too thank you, thank you for always being there always!
Then an amazing volunteer grabs Thumper (my bike) and off I go to changing room, as  come running out Tina W. run up and says "Beth is out of the water and on her bike doing great!" Thank god I'm thinking as I getting choked up.. off to run I'm feeling good, then I hear my sister is almost off her bike, I slow down my run to a fast walk, I'm thinking if she's close we can connect up, well she was out a bit more then what the IM site was saying.
I hear she's off her bike, I'm at almost 11/12 miles I'm thinking ok I'll walk it until she's gets to me, I see her she fricken looks awesome! I said Beth keep that pace you'll catch me I'll slow down mine. Well as normal the miles become longer, I was told that's she's far out and you would have to wait 2 plus hours or so for her; it had nothing to do with her time because my sister was doing amazing, it had to do with the decision I had to make, so I instantly got emotional😭😓 and started thinking crap, crap if I sit down and wait yikes that would kill me, so I had to make the decision to finish it and wait for her right at the finish line. I then I picked it up "baby jog it in" I'm sure all of you know when you fast walk and go to a jog lol oh your muscles feel spectacular.😜 The greatest part on this walk/run was I seen all of my amazing athletes out there, they have no idea how much they inspire me in so many, many ways.
I finish I see my Mom and Step Dad yelling,  then I come into the finish I ask them go give me my metal my mom and Step dad are going to medal me. Then I see Dawn Mihalovic-Bayer she had no idea what she did when she gave me that hug my ❤️was just filled with so much, I wanted to finish with my sister, and couldn't but then on the other hand I instantly thought what Mike Reilly said to me "Your sister needs to do this herself", wait for her and medal her after I call her name; he was right I did need her to finish it and truly see how fricken tough she is!
So that's what I did I waited and seen her come across that finish line and stood right in the middle so she could see me tears of joy came running down our faces I was able to metal her, gave her a huge hug and congratulated her. I'm so fricken proud of her there's not enough words to describe it....
I love you BETHANNE, YOU ARE an IRONMAN! Ok now when's the next one?? 😜
A huge thank you to everyone who came out and cheered all of us all on! To my sista Mariea Howell thank you, thank you for everything, posting updates, photos, yada, yada you are always right on it, love you sunshine!