Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Ironman Boulder 2017

Ironman Boulder race 2017🏊‍♀️🚴‍♀️πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️☠️
πŸš—Drive down- what a great time with Tracy we've been friends since high school catching up on so much and playing I spy with my brother and his family as they were on their way to Colorado to, that was so much fun!!
 Friday we went down to the Ironman Village walked around, checked in, athlete meeting and drove the bike course.
Saturday morning, drop off bike, did a small open water swim and walked made it an "easy day."
Went and met up with my Family yada, yada....
Race morning...
Started out the morning at about 2:30 I just couldn't sleep, woke everyone up at 3:30 then my brother Rays calling me "you ready I'm standing out side waiting for you lol!" πŸ˜‚My next call Bethanne GetMovin "how ya doing you ready?" Me as ready as I'll ever be... ok I love ya talk to ya after the race.. πŸ’œ
Next I tried to eat a banana and peanut butter trying to keep my head on straight..
We leave the hotel get everyone picked up get down to the shuttles, dropped of bags and off on the bus and oh what a bus ride it was..
🏊‍♀️Started walking down to the swim start gave hugs, called my hubby told him I love him, did a quick plank star and off I went. I talked to so many athletes it was so calm and relaxing as we were all getting into line. I jumped into the water it was cold "not as bad as Alcatraz but cold" all the sudden I couldn't believe how I felt like I just couldn't get in the oxygen and it's not that feeling of pressure against your body from your wetsuit. So I had to keep my mind busy, so I thought about every person I tagged in the post that morning each time I went my a bouy that was theirs, got half way my calfs were cramping yikes, yikes "just keep swimming," you swam into people, people swam into you, you were never alone lots of boats, paddle boards, kayaks lots of support.
Came around the last corner here comes the waves 🌊 wowza... as I was coming in I'm thinking that had to be a longer swim had to be. As I see today it was 4439 yard swim. I knew it...
Run up the boat landing they pulled off my wet suit got up grabbed my swim to bike bag ran into the tent! Thank gosh I had I volunteer she helped me big time!!
Ran out get to that bike ran passed it back tracked grabbed it and off I went time to crush it!
🚴‍♀️-For all of my Ironman Bike each 20 miles is for my kids, granddaughter and Husband the last 14 for my family.
20- Tyler/Nova
20- Landen
20-Korbin
20- Elsie
20- Blane
14 miles is for my family and finish strong! I always think to myself "Don't back off if your tire pops your running it in."
My heart rate was crazy 184 to be exact, I couldn't get it down take deep breaths, take deep breaths then came around the corner looking at the mountains and wow it didn't look like you were going up hill but you were and then rocking out an amazing headache time to sing to myself Thunder, Thunder Struck let's go... The bike was hard, I stopped two times I just couldn't pee on my bike I just couldn't.. again it felt as if you were wearing a mask just less oxygen, I went through 6-8 bottles of hydration on the bike, salt tablets like crazy, champs and bananas. I always looked forward to seeing my Brother, Tracy, Bob, Victoria, and my Mom (I blew her a kiss each round) of the bike..
The volunteers were priceless!
As we were coming into town we were on the bike path what a disaster that's an I understatement, then coming into town that was worst!!!!
All I kept thinking get off this bike....
114 miles

πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️The Run was hot no air movement!
running in from my bike to the run another volunteer grabbed my bag and said can I help you? Me yes please, I asked for IBP I was a hurting unit, headache, ready to puke, dizzy yada, yada the volunteer said would you like a medic I can get one for you, you don't look that good... lol I said No I always look like this.....I'll try and run it off out I went mmmmmmm run it off hell no I couldn't run got to mile 4 yep puking, dizzy seeing awesome little stars✨ a medic came over can I help you? What's going on? I just said can I get IBP he said NO I can't, I can get you water... I started thinking get to the salt guys "now" so I walked as hard as I can to get there as soon as I did I some and that helped on off baby jogging, walking baby jogging walking just keep one foot in front of the other. I kept taking in Cola then pretzels, water and then at Mile 10 we could get our bags mmmm "heck yes", I have IBP in my bag took it thank gosh it helped out some.  I have to say seeing Tracy and my Brother the first loop was priceless, I could see on my brothers face a little bit of fear Danni you ok? Yep I am see you soon! I fricken could only baby jog 100 steps so I would baby jogged 100 steps and walked 100 steps that's all I could do so on and off counting to 100 run/walking.
Second loop I see my Tracy, Mom, Bob, Annette, Caleb, and Lil ☀️Niomi it was priceless!
As I was "power walking" Athletes kept saying "what the heck your determined and on a mission" mmmmmm heck yes to get this done and I have my "Shopping" shoes on lol!
πŸ˜‚
Each time I kept thinking your heart rate is at 130 you can run, as soon as I would start my legs were like "nope" and to try to breath NOPE! Then plan B "Frickin walk as fast as you can and get in under 13 hours."
I was so excited to look at my watch and see I was going to come in on time under 13 hours, the guy who ran in before me said if you sprint in I might have troubles, I said Sunshine go if I sprint I'll pass out and I have to get to that finish line to do my Sunshineplankstar so yada, yada!! πŸ˜‰ Now to recover and off to the next one, I can't wait! 😜☠️
I want to thank my amazing husband Blane Neher, Tracy Washington, MomVicki Hansen, Robert Hansen, Raymond Howell, Annette Cullum Howell, Caleb, Lil☀️Niomi, Kathy, Nick, to everyone who text, sent FB messages, called me and all of you for supporting and cheering me on! I'm so blessed in so many ways I love you all more then you'll ever know!πŸ’šπŸ’—
Now this was written in the car fast so I'll read it again later for spelling yada, yada..😜