Sunday, January 07, 2007

Race on Saturday!


Did the race on Saturday and did that go bad!

Ok lets start from the beginning Friday night we went to Jason’s house and ate lasagna which I never eat and then I had a hot pepper you know the kind that when you put it into your mouth it burns? Yea I tried it and I was on fire, went home got ready for the race fell asleep and woke up the next morning at 4:00 am sicker then sick I couldn’t believe it I went back to bed and only lasted 30 min. and I was back to the bathroom. This went on until 6:30 then I decided to go to the YMCA and take cycling class before the run, my tummy wasn’t doing that good at all. Got off the bike went to the rest room again and prayed that I would get through this race and I would go home straight to bed afterwards; you know how we all do that pray to god “please just this one time”. At the start line I wasn’t to bad then the gun went off my first mile was 6:25 and I went "oh crud" that was way to fast but my tummy was ok! However I get to mile 2 and I was done my tummy was going off bad!!!!! I was either going to find a house and use their restroom or run home or I would need to slow down I picked to slow down. Man oh man did that kill me to be in front the whole time and almost going to win it again and your tummy acts up!!! So 5 girls past me and gosh that sucked but there was nothing I could do but just get to that finish line and get home. I finally made it in 23:05 I puked and went inside tried to get it together and got my medial for first place in age group and went home to my couch. That was my fun Saturday!

So some small advice for all of you, never try something different to eat before a race you will pay for it “in a nice positive way”!