Monday, October 30, 2006

Next Race!

It soon will be time to Turkey Trot!! Last year at this time this was my first race back from surgery yeap 14 days after surgery I was out racing but this one almost put me back into bed, my heart rate during this race was 192 the whole time well I shouldn’t say the whole time when we started waiting for the gun to go off it was 145. I did run with my friend (Chad) he was trying to keep me from getting my heart rate up so high and not to push myself back into the hospital. The whole race I would hear Chad say slow it down, back it off, and your just getting done with recovery, I just couldn’t I wanted to be as good as I was the following year which was 22 min. so I pushed it as much as I could and ended up with 26 min. for me that was way to long...... "in a nice way" and oh yea was I feeling like CRAP after the race I thought I was going to pass out. This year now that I’m feeling better I will try for 21 min. and push it as much as I can. Mike and his children will be coming up for this race this will be Mike’s 3rd race, he's finished Octoberfest 5 miler with me and he did a local 5K in his home town of MT. Pleasant IOWA, he took 2nd in his age group : ). I can’t wait to see how he does at this race.
Both of our children will be running in the kid’s race I just love to watch children get into the races this is so good for them.