Thursday, October 12, 2006

Boot Camp, and Oh My Aching Legs!

“Good Morning Sunshine’s” I say to my Boot Camp class at 5:30 am. I teach this at the YMCA and today class was a full, you wouldn’t believe how many people get up to see how far they can push themselves or to see if they can beat the instructor (from what I gather). I have to tell you, I do everything with my classes No slacking! (Remember those days when you were in track or cross country and the coach would tell you what to do? and then he/she would ride his/her bike next to you when you were running or they would just watch??? Yea, not this instructor, I like to get in on the fun too plus it wouldn’t be fair to my class if they were sweating their butts off and I wasn’t.

Back to the class: My class has many different variety of people, I have competitive people, and this is mostly guys, they like to see if they can keep up or beat the instructor in drills or running " in a nice way", then I have people whom just want to get in better shape or get in shape period. This is so great to see people wanting to get in shape, get faster, loss weight, or be mentally stronger, I love that, plus I like to be the one that is helping them out.

So today’s class consisted of lots of sprinting down and sprinting back the length of the gym, sit ups, push ups, lunges, high knees, mountain climbers, drills and more drills it was so much fun at the time, but I bet tomorrow it's going to be “oh my aching legs and arms” for all of us, however that's what makes it so fun.

So we'll see how many people show up next Thursday's Boot Camp Class??