Monday, October 23, 2006

Goals for 2007

Now that I have signed up for Ironman Kentucky http://ironman.com/events/ironman/louisville I better start planning out my year.
One of my goals if my health is great through out the next coming months “which it will be” is to qualify for Kona, watching it this past weekend was great! Larry Schmit from Sparta WI did a phenomenal job there. I will try and get into the lottery when it opens however, everyone tries to do this so I think my chances will be slim to none” but you never know”, until then I will get myself properly conditioned, my nutrition down properly and for sure my running down. I feel confident in the swim -I can get this faster and my bike is great but my run SUCKS!!!! I need to pick it up in this area so I’ve decided to take up indoor running with my friend the treadmill, weight training and functional training. I won’t do any swimming until December or so, unless I need those recovery days then I will swim.

Landen will be 8 in January that means he can start doing the Kids Triathlon's this coming year. This is another goal of mine to work with Landen and get him ready for a Kids Triathlon. Landen has been swimming 10 laps in the pool and running 1 mile everyother week, now to get him on a bike we are ready to roll. Landen has been talking about this for a while so it wouldn’t be like mom's pressuring him to do one “ok maybe a little”, (just kidding)! : )

I will try and post a tentative schedule for you in the next coming days.