Monday, October 09, 2006

The DAM CHALLENGE!


Saturday what a race, Ron and I did the DAM CHAALLENGE, it's a 7 mile Canoe, 14 mile all hills bike and a 3 mile hilly run "WOWZA" I must add! I have to say always make sure you don't forget anything when you go to a race, I forgot my extra pair of shoes for the canoe, and sun glasses I hate not wearing glasses. Thank gosh Brian H. had an extra pair of shoes in his car they were size 10.5, I wear size 8.5 so I looked like I had clown feet it was great! Ron had sun glasses so I was set.
On to the race:
The Canoe was great we had perfect weather we had so much fun, we saw a person fall out of his Canoe, I jumped out of the Canoe to get us off a huge sand pile, I yelled out lots and lots of times hard right, hard left and were going to hit it but “ Thank gosh I had the arm floaters on they saved me : )”. There were all sorts of people there some that were very, very competitive and some that were there just to have fun.

When we finally came to bridge 14 they took our Canoe and we were off to the bike Ron and I ran up the hill together and it was go time!!
My bike was great, I felt sick only 2 times and had to back it off just a tad to get my heart rate down, my goal was to pass 8 people and I passed 7 that’s all I saw ahead of me. I do have to comment on a few hills one hill was amazing you had to stand to climb it and you were maybe going 4 mph, then the other one whooohooo you kicked butt down it, I’m sure there were a lot of people who road there brakes all the way down it, however that would be that last thing I would do the faster the better!
I was flying down the last hill and it was off the bike and time for the run, my legs were shot trying to get them to run was amazing. It was an off road run lots and lots of hills, my Achilles were on fire, I could only run so fast well I mean so slow and that was that I couldn't give it anymore. When I came to the finish line there was my little buddy Landen he was going to beat mom across the finish line and he did. Great job little buddy! I just loved it!! However if it was anyone else yea that wouldn’t have happened “in a nice way”.

I did get 3rd in the over all for competitive women and 2nd fastest bike for women “WHOOOHOO”!

I LOVE TO RACE!
I’ll have pictures for you tomorrow.