Project 9:30 | Week 15 of 19 • Saturday 

Well…today’s 22-mile run did NOT go according to plan.
And I’m so glad it didn’t.
The plan was to meet Bethanne GetMovin on the Oktoberfest Half Marathon course, run with her for a while, jump off the course, and finish my long run.
Instead, my sister talked me into signing up and running the whole race with her. 

She wanted to see how close she could get to 2 hours, so off we went!
What an incredible morning. The course was lined with people already holding their spots for the parade, cheering on runners as we went by. The course support was fantastic—nutrition, volunteers, spectators…just such a fun atmosphere.
Bethanne did AWESOME.
We came across the finish in 2:05-something—a PR for her at the Oktoberfest Half! 
I was so excited for her.
Coming toward the finish, we also picked up two girls who were struggling. We’ve ALL been there—that point late in a race when your body and your brain are telling you there’s nothing left. Sometimes all you need is someone beside you saying, “Come on. You’ve got this. Let’s go.”
That might be one of my favorite things about endurance sports.
Yes, I love to swim, bike and run. But I also love PEOPLE. I love watching someone chase a goal, seeing the moment they’re struggling, and helping them find that little switch in their mind that says, I can keep going.
After the race, we talked with friends, cheered on some of the younger runners, grabbed a doughnut—because obviously 
—and then I headed up the Bluff to finish out my training miles for the day.
Not exactly the 22-mile run I had written down.
But maybe even better.
Training matters. Goals matter. Project 9:30 matters. But so does having fun with the people you love and remembering WHY you love this crazy endurance world in the first place.
And for recovery? Off to one of the biggest orchards around for some family time. 

Today was a good one.
Run the miles. Help somebody along the way. Eat the doughnut. Make the memories. 

Because someday, these are the days we’ll wish we could do all over again.




