Wednesday, September 03, 2008

GO Steve GO!

ARE YOU NUTS?? 2 Ironman Triathlons in 1 Week??

As you may have already heard on TV, radio, the internet, or in print (WGN, Endurance Planet.com, Q101, Chicago Tribune, Windy City Sports, etc.) this week I am in the middle of completing 2 Ironman Triathlons in 1 week to raise awareness for a very rare and deadly bone marrow disease my wife is in remission from, Aplastic Anemia.

As I’m sure you know; an Ironman Triathlon is a grueling 140.6 mile race that includes 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of cycling, and 26.2 miles of running. I just completed Ironman Louisville on August 31st and will race in Madison this weekend at Ironman Wisconsin , September 7.

Everyone is asking for donations these days. Why should you contribute to this? Because all I’m asking is for just $5.00! I am shamelessly begging you to PLEASE donate, no matter how big or small the amount. Every little bit really does count. I get NO BENEFIT from raising THIS money…no free wetsuit, no free airline ticket, no prizeS…NOTHING! I’m doing this simply to raise money for medical research, period.

I’ve done all the training, all you need to do is click and donate. Event if it’s only $5.00, PLEASE donate. Rare diseases need so much support as they have very little resources.
If you’ve already donated, consider donating again. I’m doing the race twice!

To donate just click on the “DONATE” button here:

www.2foraa.org

Thanks for taking a second to contribute!

(If you want to see how the races went, you can go to www.2foraa.blogspot.com)