Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Short and long term goals..






This week has started training for the Madison 210.9 that is a half Ironman on Saturday and the full Ironman on Sunday I am so excited for this.

As I was watching my cousin finish her Boston Marathon, I have decided I'm going to try to qualify for the Boston Marathon. As an Ironman Athlete I love Ironman the six disciplines have always intrigued me! 

However, I think after this next one I just might take a little break from the race and see if I can achieve a long time another goal of mine (which I think it's every runner's race) which would be to try and qualify for the Boston Marathon. At the age of 51 I would need to roughly a three hour and 55-minute marathon, I have run a three hour and 45-minute marathon before but that was many, many years ago. I definitely need to work on my run. 

I think that after 15 IRONMAN's I just need a little change, yes, I know this year I'm going to do the half on Saturday and the full-on Sunday and that's a change, but I just need a different change (plus the cost of an Ironman is about 7-900. dollars for the entry fee) is getting out of hand!  

 I know I can swim 2.4 miles like 112 miles and run a marathon however, running an all-out marathon for time is hard to do. I tell people all the time Iron Man is actually easier than doing a marathon, only because you pace yourself at the Ironman, and at the marathon you run your **** off. 

I tell all of my Athletes to write down their short- and long-term goals so that's exactly what I'm doing.

Short term goals work towards the 210.9 long term goal work towards Boston Marathon.