Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Saving a life!

Yesterday was a normal day until I went across the Cass Street bridge, I had seen something a little out of the norm, I seen a guy looking over the edge a little longer than normal. I had an intuition to turn around and check on him, I followed my gut feeling, I made a U turn and went back up the bridge, as I was coming over the top I see him grabbing the railing and bringing is leg over. I stop the car right in the middle of the bridge and start yelling at him, he doesn't even look at me (he had earbuds in), I'm yelling like crazy, cars are going by me (they don't even stop to help) I finally whistle as loud as I can and he looks right at me and thankfully takes is leg off the railing. I call 911, he starts walking. I have to drive down the bridge and come back up around to be on his side, as I'm driving and trying NOT to panic (because I'm thinking he's going to jump). I'm talking to 911 and Jason is keeping me in control. I come up on the other side and I do not see him, OMG I'm thinking he jumped for sure! I’m thinking why did I leave, and all of more crazy stuff was going through my head.
 Jason kept talking to me as I'm looking for him, he continues to tell me the Fire Department and Police Department are on their way. I make a quick turn around and help look for him. The cops and FD were amazing they were on it, boats were in the water, cops on top of the bridge, under the bridge, all over. after 48 min. from my call, they found him THANK GOD!  
The cops did talk to him, he denied he did it however, I did find out he did go into the hospital because he was under the influence of drugs and had mental health situations.  
I talked to my friend who is an amazing officer and she told me I saved a life by just being aware and calling it in.
I aways teach my kids to always be aware, follow your gut instincts, and get as much information as you can . If you see something wrong do something about it or or call it in. I’m still mad how many people drove by didn’t stop and help. 

I have to say it was a rough day after that, all I could see is that guys face as he looked up at me. Thank GOD he didn't jump, I don't know if I could handle if he did.
I will always be thankful to workers of all kinds of jobs who handle things like that every day! 

Follow up for today- Calling Jason from 911 and thanking him for keeping me under control. 
Call my friend Jayne and Dave I was talking to them when I pulled up on the guy jumping (I was yelling in their ear) before I hung up to call 911. 

A HUGE thank you to my lil baby sister CJ who helped me get through this…. She knows what I mean!! #familyforever…….
 
A beautiful sight today!!