Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Group Photo after the race!


A little Race day updates...
Race day- woke up feeling great had my oatmeal and gummie bears.
Swim was awesome - Stayed lean long, Strong and in control, the swim course was very nice
Transition 1 - Went well I couldn't get my sock on and my hair pulled back into my helmet but it worked out..
Bike- the start was great/awesome until about mile 9 and I couldn't get my heart rate down it was at 198 "WOWZA" I couldn't climb the hills like normal I was huffing and puffing. Trying to take deep breaths, nothing was working...
By mile 13-15 I was a hurting unit. I was puking up Poweraid and Gu but I kept going I couldn't let any women pass me....
Transition 2 - I was the 3rd women off the bike I kept it up! :) off with the cycling stuff and on with the running shoes...
Run - Man oh man I was in for it my calf muscles were cramping and my quads were on "FIRE" but I was able to keep a nice easy pace of 8:36 now that was only for the first 3 miles then I lost it! I went down hill I was again almost at puking stage however, "I couldn't stop to puke then to many people would have seen it"! SO I had to back it off, I fell into 6 in the over all for women and 2nd in my age group I guess I'll take that for a bad day!!
However it was really fun to see all my clients finish their first triathlon that was the best part of the race!!!
Congratulations to them, They set a goal and they achieved it!
"Life is what you make it"