Monday, June 25, 2007











Bethanne Finished, did great, stayed strong, and loved it! I think I turned a new leaf for her. She was so very nervous but then again ready to tear it up.
There were 6 of us in one room, Beth had to learn quickly that when you get up at 3:00 am to eat for your race you need to go to bed early not go out and party! That was funny!!! So we went to bed as early as we could when you have 6 people in the room and a wedding party on the same floor as us. We woke up at 3:00 am Jason made us pancakes, ate some apples, and oatmeal “oh” yeah and gummy bears. Time to get ready and roll down to the race site we got there around 4:45. We started getting our bikes out rode them around to check the tires, gears, and yada, yada then get all the other stuff out of the trucks, and get it all to the transition area Beth was almost sick to her tummy ok, I think all of us were a little sick to our tummy’s (to me that just means you want to do great) so I think we hit the rest room about 10 times. When we were finished setting up our stuff we walked around talked to friends and kept our mind off the time as much as we could.
5 minutes to start we walk down to the water gave her a huge hug and said good luck, stay strong, you’re going to do it and of course Love you sis..
I was in wave 3 she was in wave 14 my swim went great! As I was coming out of transition area and hoped on my bike started to ride as fast as I could, I saw a green shirt up ahead then said to myself I have to pass that girl. I got closer and closer to her and here it was my sister she made it through the water whoooooohooo I told her to stay strong, your doing great see you in a little bit. Again I was doing the Half Ironman and she was doing the sprint so I should have told her I’ll see you in a couple hours…
My swim was awesome, my bike was awesome no women passed me so even better and my run was very, very, very tough! I finished 28 min. faster then last years time and felt great!
As I was coming to the finish line I heard the announcer say Danni nichols one of our cancer survivors I knew my sister had set that up.
Beth was waiting for me at the finish line and it was great to give her a huge hug! I congratulated her on her finish. My sister is a Triathlete something I have been working on for a year or so wow maybe longer… whooohoo it will be so fun to do more of these with her.