Saturday, November 18, 2017

Learning your body is so important!

Training, training, off training, eating clean, dropping the sugars and yada, yada yaaaaa you would think is a good thing, however, in my case it's not. So after Ironman WI I knew I would be backing down my training so that would mean I would have To back down on my sugar and Carbs consumption well that didn't go so well for me. Normally my weight is around 130 and now with changing up my diet it has shot up to 147 yep you read that right, I kept all my nutrition in check and it's went bad for me, 
 My daily nutrition looked like this 
1500-1700
Protein 170g
Carbs 150-200 depending on my running 
Fats about 30g
As you all know I workout everyday so I don't even need to go there with that. 
I figured things would change and it sure has everything went up, thankfully I have been doing lots of research on this and made a doctors appointment at first he couldn't figure out what is going on. 
Then I talked to him about my research and thankfully he agreed with me so he put me on a low dose of T3 medication and see how that plays out. 
I told him I was seriously looking at qualifying for Kona and I couldn't even thank about Qualifying in the at the state I'm in. He agreed "in a nice positive way of course!"
Yes my resting heart rate is 35-37 but sometime that doesn't mean yada,yada when you don't have a thyroid. 
I tell ya as an athete without a thyroid it's hard, however as we all know God wouldn't give us things we wouldn't be able to handle he just gives us things we need to look into it a little bit more before we ever think of giving up!

We all have to remember if something works for someone it's not always going to work for you. I will never follow a low carb diet again and always keep my licorice, Gummy Bears and Peeps in my house when I'm in training!