Monday, November 19, 2007

Have you ever changed someones life?



Grant before the race!





I have been working with Grant the past 7 weeks. When I started with Grant I asked him what are your goals? 1. Lose weight 2. To run a 5K and do all of the holiday running series here at the YMCA 3. Maybe do a Triathlon. Grant when we started he weighed 374 pounds so my number one goal is to get Grant to eat healthy and start doing some cardio. We started run/ walking together doing 45 min. to a hour workouts everyday he does take off Sundays and he's righting down everything he eats and drinks. Grant is doing AWESOME he has lost over 55 pounds; Grant works at the YMCA he is asked everyday how much weight have you lost? This is by the members this has made him a happier person and more up beat then ever. I can go on and on about this but I have to get to the point this past weekend Grant and I did his first 5K the Turkey Trot here in La Crosse WI. He did awesome he finished it in 36 min. he blew his time away that he thought he would do it in. Grant had the biggest cheering crowed there. His next race will be December 8Th.
I tell Grant "You put your mind to it and you can achieve anything" He is doing that for sure!

Grant after the race.