Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon Race Repor


What made this race so incredible was that, for me, it was simply my long run for the week. I’m so grateful my sister @bethannegetmovin Bethanne jumped in and did it with me.
Her longest run had been 13.1 miles the weekend before, and she hadn’t run a marathon in “years. "She’s completed an Ironman’s, but this was a whole different kind of challenge. We decided to stay together from start to finish, and that made the day even more special.
We spent more than four and a half hours talking, laughing, taking in Milwaukee, and cheering each other on. Bethanne even stopped to help a man who was down on the ground. The course had so many great signs, and running over that bridge four times throughout the weekend was priceless.
I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for the things I get to see and do, and for being able to share these experiences with my family & friends. The past few months have brought up so many emotions, and maybe the upcoming race is part of that, too.
What a fun Sunday running the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon with my sister. I can’t wait to do this one again. It’s definitely one of my favorite races!
Now, on to the next one: the Fall 50 on October 24! “Let’s Go!”
Love you bunches Bethanne!